DIY Wedding Dress in the Making

I had so much fun re making this $20 prom dress I found thrifting at Goodwill. With some slight changes, I turned a simple white satin prom dress into a dreamy wedding dress. What do you think?

My first plan was to change the neckline from straight to a sweetheart line. I simply cut the middle and hand sewed it back shaping it into a heart. I then cut out the ribbon sash from the original dress. 

To change the dull bottom skirt part of the dress, I decided to sew layers and layers of tulle that I got for $5. I sewed it in a way where I bunched up the skirt just enough to get some volume and then I attached it to a ribbon sash with an applique in the center. 


Voila! That’s our after result. Altogether I spent $30! It was such a fun little project and now I’m constantly on a lookout for some potential cream colored prom dresses thrifting or if any of you would like to donate any old wedding dresses, please let us know!!! 

necklace from handmadebysarakim ~

voila ♥ sarakim